Friday, July 20, 2007

Last minute decision to go to Leon for the weekend

At 1:15pm I decided to join 5 friends from my language school and go at 2pm on a weekend trip to the city of Leon, a university city about 3 hours by bus from Granada, heading north west.We are 40 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean where we will head for a swim and seafood tomorrow night after touring the beautiful churches and museums during the day. Yesterday , after 4 hours of language school, I went to the 5th largest volcano in Nicaragua and hiked for 2 1/2 hours with my own private tour guide who was incredibly knowledgable about plants, flowers, wildlife and history and all in quite good English! In the evening, we had another great dancing evening!I love latin music and dancing! It is beautiful to watch and really fun to try to dance! They also have lots of Spanish songs that everybody in the nightclub sings along with! When I went to Calita Feliz this week to volunteer, I took some bags of hairclips, that were donated, to a hairdressing class for girs. The clipe and elastics were really appreciated and I ended up staying with the group for an hour. They demonstrated a French braiding type of hairdo and then had me try it on one of the girls. We conversed in Spanish the whole time which was quite exciting. They asked if I could help them get hairdressing books with pictures that the girls could see a variety of hairstyles in. Mike can bring them here if you have any. Well I`m off to bed, so bye for now! Jennie

No comments: