Monday, July 26, 2010

We've arrived in Granada, Nicaragua!!!

David kindly drove us to the airport last night. Jennie´s backpack didn´t make it through security without being totally emptied. I´d forgotten to remove my school scissors from an outside pocket and also 2 fort Langley hooks made in the blacksmiths shop! OOps! Quite embarassing. We left on time at 11:15pm and arrived in Houston at the wee hours this morning. So my ears didn´t explode with the flying, but they were uncomfortable, so I didn´t sleep a wink on either flight. I drank a ton, chewed lots of gum and put hot, wet compresses over my ears during descent. Wow, did the humidity ever hit us when we arrived! A nice Dutch man was there with a sign and drove us to our cute 2 storey place. I´ll post pictures tomorrow. We unpacked a bit but were literally dripping with sweat, so we came here to the outdoor pool and got a one week membership. The water is wonderfully refreshing. At 5pm we´ll leave to get a taxi to Rena´s house. Then at 7:30pm we´re meeting a new couple that moved here from the States and built a beautiful colonial home. Full day! I imagine we´ll crash after that! ps We have air conditioning!!!

No comments: